View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 05:44 PM

Here is what my page looks like for that section:

It says "Give buyers shipping details.

US shipping. Then has a drop down box which you can choose options from (Cost varies by location, flat rate - same cost for all buyers, freight, local pick up only).

Then it has package type and a drop down box with options (letter, large envelope, package or thick envelope, large package) then it has boxes to fill in for number of inches for height, width and length.

Then it has weight and a drop down box to choose the weight of the package.

Next it says services and has a drop down box to choose how you want to mail the item (USPS Priority Mail, First Class, media rate, UPS, etc) or free shipping.

Next it says offer additional services and gives an option for either combining items or no combined shipping.

Next is a drop down box with options for handling time.

Last is additional options and that is for whether you want to add a handling charge or not.

Then it goes to the International shipping information.

So, if I sell a book, I have to weigh it and the box I am shipping it in and then add a little weight for wrapping and insulation, say whether I am going to mail it Priority Mail or media rate and tell if it is going in a box or an envelope.

If the box is oversized, then I have to measure the lenght, width and height and put that info in.

Based on all of this info, the buyer will be able to see approximately how much shipping is to their Zip Code based on my ZIp Code. The approximate cost info shows up on the auction listing and changes based on where you are looking at it from.

I.e., if I look at my own listing from my computer in my house, I will get the approximate shipping cost to send the item within my own Zip Code. However, if I were to go to California and look at my listing from there, it would show the cost to mail the item from Indiana to California.

David