View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 01:46 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
For people who run true auctions............this is a huge rate hike. There is no form of math that can say otherwise.
I strongly disagree. Show me the math to prove your case. I read from the email that eBay will lower the FVF on the item sold, but then add a FVF to the overall purchase.

"...starting July 6 Final Value Fee rates for Store sellers--Fixed Price and Auction-style--will be reduced and then applied to the total amount of the sale--including shipping."

Let's say your item sells for $100 and you charge $3.00 S/H. Currently, the FVF would be $9.00 (9%). Using the same example, under the new fee structure they are going to reduce the FVF (they didn't specify by how much, but let's say to 8.5% - a .5% discount), so it would be a $8.50. Then they are going to add a FVF to the shipping (again, they didn't specify how much, but let's say 10%), so it would we $.30. So, the FVF under the current fee structure would be $9.00, but the FVF under the new structure would be $8.80 - saving $.20 from the current system.

The above is just an example. I don't know what the exact percentages are, does anybody else? If not, how can you say this is a bad change? If my numbers are wrong then so be it, but show me an example with some true numbers.

And if I am wrong, just do what many, many other sellers on eBay are already doing - offer FREE S/H. They're loving this change because it is actually saving them money.