View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 04:05 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Very nice Shane. Maybe I'll put a little more thought into the '02 SP's, but I probably won't make 'em a priority for now. I guess if I find 'em at the right price, I'll have to jump on 'em.

As far as Al and Doug. Holy Sh*t!!! Your collections are nuts. But then again, if I were that close to completing the run, I'd probably expand into the more obscure Topps stuff too. At least the '48 magic photos to start, or maybe the original Bowman and Goudey runs, or possibly put a little more work into the t206's, rather than just picking 'em up here and there when the price is right. I've also got a fetish for the old Harper's weekly woodcuts, but I'll only but 'em if the issue is complete.

Basically, I've got 3 focuses collecting wise. The basic/traded Topps run, HOF('48-now rookies, pre-'48 just career contemporary, when possible). And then the HOF autographs. I find having all 3 to work on, affords me the chance to jump around a bit, and keep my interests fresh. For some reason, in January I was on a pre-war HOF kick, february I was on the auto kick, and for some reason, so far in March I've been back focusing on the Topps run.. Who knows what April will bring!

Last edited by novakjr; 03-14-2011 at 04:09 PM.