View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 06:06 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
David,

We have similar goals. I, too, want to do a set run from '52 to present. I currently have complete sets from '74 to present and actively working on '56, '58, '61 and '71 to '73. I also have a '54 set minus 1 card (Hank Aaron RC), but hope to get that very soon. I have several of the traded sets, but not all and I am still up in the air as to include those or not with my set run.

Anyway, BBCE has the 2002 Traded wax boxes for $49 each (breaks down to about $2/pk. They also have jumbo boxes available for $60. I don't know if those provide better odds for the SPs or not? If you buy some, let me know. I may buy a couple of boxes and maybe we can trade dupes.

Good luck with your sets.

David
Thanks David. Good to see someone a bit ahead of me, it kinda motivates me a bit and gives me something to shoot for. I don't think I'll be busting any of those boxes. 110 cards at 1 per pack. I'm not sure about the jumbos, but I imagine maybe 2 or 3 per at best. Even if I really put some thought into doing the SP's, it seems too expensive to do it that way.