View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:30 AM

I have visited their office several times and the entire staff is absolutely first class all the way. Very professional, and very cognizant of collectors' needs and whims. And best of all, Stan is sometimes in the office. I have had the honor of meeting him several times during these visits and I can't even describe how cool it is to sit down and chat for a few minutes while he signs or personalizes an item. The signature, however, is not as strong as it used to be. A few months ago, I watched as he signed the two scorecards from his 5-homer doubleheader. He happily obliged to add "my five home runs" to the autograph. His grandson, who is terrific, watched very closely to make sure Stan understood what I wanted - he seemed a little worried something might happen. But everything was fine. Stan took his time and very carefully signed both items. Not his boldest signatures, but still very nice. Then he told me "I should have had six that day. I tried to hit one my last time up and popped up to first." We looked at the scoring and sure enough, he was right. The Man.