View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 02:33 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
I agree 707s scans are not worthy of his extraordinary inventory. What drives me crazy is that so many eBay sellers scan their cards against a white background, making it difficult to examine the edges and corners. The edges and corners always look better against a black background. Check out Mike Wheat's website. Wayne Varner also does a nice job ...

The worst sellers, though, are the ones the crop off an edge or two of a card when they scan it. It's amazing how many do this ...
Most printer/scanners I've seen have a white backdrop so most folks don't know any better...now that I think of it, might tape a piece of black construction paper to the backdrop and see if that noticeably improves the image contrast...
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.