View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Rich Klein

Default This happens the other way as well

I have a small grouping of "modern" cards for sale at Check Out My Cards. (Checkoutmycards.com) -- for the "older" cards I try to price at 1/2 low beckett as the cards are usually going to be off in some way -- that is 25 percent of book and if the card has some physical damage (Pen mark, pin hole,..) I'm at 10 percent of book. I still get offers of 1/2 of what I priced these cards at already.

And on the modern cards; which are usually "lower-level" inserts.... I try to be low beckett. Now if someone offers me one level below. (Going to give a real life example here --- a $6 card has a $2.50 book value and if someone offers me $2.25 -- I'll probably take the offer; if someone offers me $1 --- I'll just decline the offer and in the middle I'll think about the offer)

I realize that the people who have posted their offers here are making offers based on being close to real-world value --- but some dealers look at offers and think that everyone is ripping them off. Probably they got burnt at some time in the past. So always look at this from a dealer's side as well.

Rich