View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
The other question, in regards to filling in the scorecard later, is whether it hurts or helps the value. I have a few scorecards in my collection and it is generally my experience that unscored scorecards tend to be considered more valuable by the hobby. Obviously there are exceptions to this, and the Ruth called shot game would probably qualify.

Doug

Personally, I prefer a scorecard that has been folded and stuck in a back pockets, maybe even had a drink spilled on it, while having the score neatly and legibly kept.
Game used, eh Doug??

BTW, one of the favorite no-hitter tickets in my collection is from Juan Marichal's no hitter in 1963. The ticket has a perfect front, but has hotdog mustard on the back. This one definately was "game used". I never have given it the sniff test to check to see if I can smell the complimentary spilled beer.

I personally would prefer that a scorecard be scored, not unscored. That's the great thing about collecting. If we all wanted to collect the exact same thing there would be scarcely any chance of ever winning anything in an auction.