View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Ed Woelfle

Default Thank you

Thank you all for the comments feedback! Regarding scans - I plan to load up into a registry somewhere (most likely SGCs) but that (obviously) will take some time in listing and scan load. Right now they're logged and checked off in an Excel Spreadsheet - sorting through any dupes. What you may see up on the BST or in eBay are those and others looking to sell.

Quick hits:
  • Set has nothing really difficult as far as backs (IE: Lenox, Uzit, Drum, etc)
  • I was more focused on eye appeal and grading out 3 or higher.
  • Several Sovereign 460's, assorted mid-level tougher backs like Tolstoi.
  • First HOF was Johnson Portrait (I think the best looking card in the set).
  • Worst looking card IMO - probably Spike Shannon (hold that up against the detail of a Willis or Rucker Portrait is like comparing "Stewie" from Family Guy Cartoon to an art mural)
  • The Green Cobb (PSA3) was one of the last aquisitions.
  • Toughest SL'er was Cranston.
  • Best buy were several common raws in the $20 range that graded out 4 or better
  • Worst was any common 5 for $125 or more
  • SL'ers Paige and Manion look too much alike - bought one thinking the other just looking at the thumbnail pic once. Mr. Harris was then kind enough to trade with me for one I needed
  • Hardest common to get in a decent grade was Phelps for some reason - could find enough of them, just always in overpriced BINs
Thanks again!

Ed