View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Al Richter

Default 1951 Packs

I have one of the "rack" packs mentioned. There is a complete set of the Red Backs in it in panel form. There are also 4 or 6 Connie Mack or Current All Star cards interspersed among the panels. I know they are not Team cards because the backgrounds are red rather than yellow. There is also a large game card. Unfortunately they are packaged in two columns with rubber bands around the cards at the perforations of the Red Backs. Since the AllStar cards have no perforation the rubber bands have been riding them for 60 years.

I have all 5 of the 51 sets done but for the 3 unissued Current All Stars , including all 18 team card variations

Dave---your blog on these is great.

Doug--I wish I was as organized as you are. I have my Topps sets/packs through 1994 in binders ( still in boxes after that , but for the Heritage sets which I also put in binders), but I am still risking it with the ring binders and have not the patience to start over again :-(.

I also like to store my insert and test sets for each year with the main set and packs, so I use large binders for most years

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 01-02-2011 at 03:00 PM.