View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:42 AM

I hope my opinions didn't influence you too much because I am CERTAINLY not an expert in printing or advertising matters and don't have nearly as much experience as a lot of people on this board, as far as fake/reproduction/fantasy items go. I just don't want you or someone else to possibly spend your money on a fake item. On the other hand, if this piece IS real, I don't want you to look back and kick yourself for returning it.

My main points are that 1) the Babe Ruth graphics on the top of the white sided boxes are not as sharp as on the green sided boxes. 2) the green sided boxes have advertising info on them and the white sided boxes don't. 3) A white sided box sold at an auction I went to and there were obviously fake sports related advertising items sold at the same auction and most likely consigned by the same person.

So, as with baseball cards, original versus fake, I have learned on these boards that picture clarity is one way to tell reproductions from real cards and teh clarity of the graphics on the white sided boxes don't look as goodas on the green sided boxes.

Good luck either way with the box,

David