View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 12:40 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

My oldest son is 3 1/2 now. About a year ago, i was bored so we opened up a box of 90 Upperdeck I had laying around. He helped me open the packs, but quickly found the team logo holograms and that was all he wanted. This year at the National I picked up two very cheap boxes ($5-$10) of baseball and hockey for us to open together and we have had a GREAT time doing so. It's a blast opening the packs with him and watching him as he flips through going "player, player, player, he's a goalie! player, player, there's the referee! Where's the puck?..." At this age, he rarely stops to look at a card for more than a few seconds (other than goalies or if he has a question). When we look at my prewar cards together (T206/E93), it's always just a quick look and then he moves on to something else. At this age, he doesn't appreciate the age of the cards or the players, to him they are just a picture. As such, I would recommend just getting a cheap box of cards to let him open and enjoy, save the older cards until your son is a bit older and will actually enjoy them.

dj