View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonanalytic View Post
I think that it would be best to avoid Heritage altogether. The arrogance of the employees is shocking. There are too many other decent auction houses, and we should give the alternatives our business. The fact that one of their legends in the business, Mike Gutierrez had his "opinion" on a Mickey Mantle signature contradicted by PSA, the people he used to work for, should be embarrasing to the company. If he can't get that right then why deal with them. Where is the accountability?

PS.... A cyber-attack? A bit of hyperbole. Some of my more creative employees in IT came up with interesting ideas to share with the folks at Heritage.

120 emails. Sounds like excellent communication. How many were for consignments?
Gordon,

There's 2 distinct issues here. First is whether a retail enterprise has the right to terminate business dealings with a customer that they haved deemed to be overly troublesome, by their definition. Clearly, they do. They are not obligated to do business with you if they so choose. Many retail stores do the same thing. More and more, retailers are keeping track of customer profiles (e.g. - frequent buying and then returning items.) Some customers will find themselves banned, even from stores like Target or Best Buy.

The second issue is whether or not the bidding practices of Heritage are legal and/or a smart business practice. They are legal. Period. The jury is still out for the smart business practice part, at least for me.