View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Or maybe there is simply more interest in Home Shows and Gun Shows? Maybe there is a reason why the Baseball Card Show is dead, but other avenues who have collectible conventions strive. Just a lack of interest.

If you advertise more, maybe I will haveto pay $10 for admission and the dealer tables escalate once more and less dealers. I think people who are 'in the know', are well aware of the show as there are only a handful of show that have survived. People do use shows in different ways, but if you really want to buy stuff, your best bet will always be the Internet.

Plus, things changed since the hey-deys of the show. People really like to win stuff, not buy it outright. We have been trained to embrace the auction.

The dealers that seem to do best (from my observations) at these shows are the sellers that have 3200 count boxes and binders of raw singles and set builders have their checkmarked sheets out.

As far as autographs go, it's a massive joke the prices these shows ask for sports guests. The days of selling out tickets are long gone. I woud pay $50 for Willie Mays, but $300? I quit doing drugs in the early seventies. Late seventies maybe.

Regards,

Larry