View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigyankeeman View Post
As a buyer, I recently tracked online an envelope with a card in it, and the Delivery Confirmation said it was delivered but I never got the card!!!

My mailbox is in a cluster box with a bunch of other boxes, and the mailman probably put the envelope into the wrong box, then scanned the delivery confirmation as being delivered.

Luckily whoever got the card must have dropped it back into a mailbox, as about 10 days later it was re-delivered to me.

But with delivery confirmation checked as delivered, i am screwed if this happens again and I dont get the card.

Delivery Confirmation is what it is. It's not designed to be the ultimate guarantee. It is a cheap and usually effective method to prove delivery, but the focus is on "cheap." For the 55 to 75 cents it costs, it usually works pretty well. Certain routes, cluster mailboxes, apartment buildings, indifferent carriers, all cause some problems. If you want guarantees, you have to go with more expensive options such as insurance and/or Registered Mail.

But in 99% of the cases, Delivery Confirmation is a terrific and affordable way to track a delivery.