View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:12 PM

A few thoughts (most of which have undoubtedly been discussed to death already):

I think it's imperative that the largest show of its kind cater to the majority. Most of the dealer and collector demographic live on the east coast (with the heaviest concentration being in NY and NJ). It makes no sense to have 80-90% of attendees come all the way out to the west coast. The Anaheim show proved what a poor decision that was.

Chicago is centrally located for all involved and has much to offer in the way of non-hobby perks. The Rosemont Center leaves much to be desired, however. Those in charge of running it should look to Baltimore's venue and take note.

I think Cleveland makes a lot of sense, but again, the venue isn't the greatest. The IX Center certainly offers ample and affordable parking, and accommodations can be found on Priceline for next to nothing (I paid $35/night last year at a Holiday Inn, complementary limo shuttle service included).

Out of curiosity, what would cities such as Cincinnati and Pittsburgh have to offer? These would seem like ideal geographic/demographic areas. From past experience, there's plenty to be had in the way of hotels and dining, and each has an MLB team. I would have included Columbus, but alas, no baseball to watch!