View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Steve Birmingham

Most of my collection is stored in 2 or 4 row boxes.(Moving to mostly 2 row since the 4 row no longer fit the toploaders) For worn cards I don't always use any sleeves depending on how worn it is. Ones that are not really bad go in the penny sleves, and nicer ones go in penny sleeves in toploaders.
The toploaders take up a bunch of space, but give decent protection.
If space is a worry, cardsaver holders are also pretty good.
I might also put star cards in a toploader even if they're beat.

Personally I wouldn't bother getting any graded unless you want to sell them. and then just the big stars. fairly nice ungraded commons are only a few dollars at a show for mid 50's cards, so even with a grading special you're paying more for the slab than the card is worth.

Miscut cards are usually sold for less than normally cut cards. Centering is a big deal for some people, not as much for others.

I actually like badly miscut cards sometimes. It's fun to try to find two that fit together.

The fading will affect the price, as will the "fuzziness" which is usualy the registration of the printing. Sometimes the different colors didn't line up exactly making a blurry picture. Again, usually a detraction, but if it's bad enough (Like it looking as if a guy has two gloves or something) a very few people would collect it as a printing error.

Steve B