View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default National

Great show, Baltimore harbor is an excellent location. And, it was really great meeting, talking, and exchanging vintage BB cards
for other cards (or Ben Franklin's and U. S. Grant's) with Net54er's.

Mark Macrae, Sal Dischera, Jay and I caught the Thurs nite game at Camden Yards (Angels vs Orioles). Fellow Greek (Markakis)
hit a long HR to CF to give the Orioles an early lead. The Angels tied the score in the late innings. And, in the bottom of the 9th
the Angels pulled a shift that is not often seen to prevent the Orioles from scoring. The Orioles loaded up the bases with 2 outs.
A left batter was at bat. The Angels' pitcher was throwing "heat" (near 100 MPH). So, the Angels brought their RFer into the in-
field dirt. They stationed 3 fielders between 1st & 2nd base.
The lefty batter hit the ball straight down the middle to drive in the winning Run. You would of thought that the Angels, with 5
guys playing between 1st & 3rd bases, would have stationed one of them right at 2nd base ?

Anyhow, we got our money's worth for our $54 (excellent field level seats between Home and 3rd base).

I'm looking forward to future shows at the Baltimore Convention Center....it's an easy 2 hour train ride for me.

TED Z