View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default one other thing.....

On the "friend" side of the above equation I forgot to mention that I met Jim Crandall (previously had never really spoken with him in person) and we had a few very nice conversations. He really is a nice guy but just collects differently than many of us. His passion and enthusiasm for the hobby is very refreshing. I hope to get to know him better in the future and I DO think he will make his way to this board again.

ON a similar note, and sort of funny/ironic was my first conversation with him. I had only met Jim once before, at a National and a few years ago. IN that respect I really didn't even remember what he looked like. So he walks up to my table...was talking with a few folks and I heard he was Jim Crandall. I introduced myself and we really had a very pleasant conversation. After a few minutes he asked if I had seen David Akatz at the show. I had never met David before, and certainly not that day, so said "no". Right then David walked up and introduced himself to me. I think I introduced them to each other...they were pleasant to each other and Jim walked away 2 seconds later. Needless to say there was a tiny bit of tension in the air for a few seconds. It was all ok and both gentelmen (Hi David) are nice guys, in my book.

Last edited by Leon; 08-09-2010 at 09:11 AM.