View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Steven Finley

Default Contest: Best picture from the Baltimore National

I had my trip to Baltimore all planned out. My father has enough frequent flyer miles to go to the moon and back and I have a cousin in D.C. with a spare bedroom, government I.D., and kegerator in her kitchen. Alas, I got a call a few weeks ago and I was requested (never been requested before, guess I'm moving on up) by a songwriter to engineer some demos for him. I couldn't pass up the experience, or the money, so I won't be leaving Nashville this week.

So here's the contest. I can not be at the National and I would love to see the what's going on. That being said, I don't want to scroll through dozens of pictures of the Panini or Tri-Star tables.

I want to see the best Pre-War and Net54 action that the National has to offer. Post your pictures here and the winner (the one with the best picture) will receive a beat up raw t206 Mullin horizontal. Not just any beat up raw t206 Mullin horizontal, but the one I won in the inaugural Net54 live auction.

The rules: Post a picture in this thread from Baltimore and I will pick the top 5-10 and do a poll to decide the winner. The winner will receive:

1. The beat up raw Mullin t206 that was the prize of the first Net54 online auction.

2. A couple of other random surprises I find just laying around.

3. Some people over at Collector's Universe have made a Soldier serving overseas in Iraq their pet project.

You can read the thread here http://forums.collectors.com/message...88&STARTPAGE=4

For the third prize I will send the soldier a card in your name.

(The soldier's hobby interests and mailing address are listed in the thread. If you would like to send him a card or just send him a care package check out the thread. His mailing info is listed.)

Here are a couple of ideas I would like to see and would help you in your quest to make the final cut.

1. The best vintage display at the National.
2. Your best pickup at the National.
3. Pictures from Bruce's ladder match against whatever unfortunate dares cross him.
4. Net54 after party pictures.
5. Mr. Mint and a briefcase of cash.
6. Someone from Net54 completely hammered.
7. Most obscure type card discovered.
8. Most obscure piece of memorabilia.
9. Best price offered for a 1987 topps wax box.
10. Leon doing a shot of Jager.

You get the jest. At the least, post an awesome picture from Baltimore so us that couldn't make can soak it in. At the most win a cool prize and help someone serving us overseas.

Here is the Mullin you will receive.

Bottom left of the holder.

Last edited by sbfinley; 08-04-2010 at 10:46 PM.