View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 01:14 PM
JeR@Me

Default T206 SL Proofs...

Tim - Thank you so much for the research and making it easy to understand. I really appreciate your efforts and thank you for sharing !

A few questions re :

If I were to try and fit the eight proofs into the existing set it would throw off the balance of the team distributions except in the case of the two Chattanooga players. Chattanooga is the only team from the South Atlantic League without a representative.

What did you mean by this statement above ? Are you saying that in the T206 set, Chattanooga is the only team not depicted with a card from the SAL ? Help me compute...

Since none of these Proofs are actually in T206, I suppose the only other identical images (to the T206 proof) would be T210 & T211 ? Pepe-Montg & Lee-J'Ville are the same image as T210, but a more close up image. I believe the Osteen Image is the same as his Montgomery card as well. Do the other players match up with their T210 images (Not including the 2 Chatt players) ?

I have a Chattanooga PC here that shows Alcock (2nd top left) & Meek (Top Right) and their likeness to the SL Proof cards are spot on. The stamp date on reverse says May 17, 1909.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChattLookouts1909.jpg (78.9 KB, 366 views)
File Type: jpg Lee-Pepe.jpg (78.2 KB, 369 views)
File Type: jpg 8SLProofs.jpg (77.0 KB, 368 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 07-05-2010 at 01:18 PM.