Thread: Pawn Stars
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Jim D

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Hi Jim,
Over the years I have been burned by some fakes so I am very cautious when purchasing cards. Some of the fakes are very difficult to detect, but these weren't good fakes. They were like some of the counterfeit cards on ebay - one quick glance and you know they aren't any good.

My wife and I were watching that episode of pawn stars and when they showed the first close up of the cards I turned to my wife and said "those are fakes". On the latest episode where someone brought in some Ali autographs I was completely in the dark. I don't know anything about them so I wouldn't have been able to identify the good ones from the bad ones. I am sure that other people on this board could spot them right away.

Rick
the general consensus at the time, from what i remember, is that the cards were real, no one had seen fakes of that card. Afterall, who fakes a 4th year Rose or whatever it was. The board had a thread about the Rose cards and the Gehrig jersey.... Now myself, i have no clue, even if they were in my hand, im not the best at detecting fakes....

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!