View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 07:21 AM

HOLY CRAP I think you're right!!!! I initially overlooked this one and now that I just went back and looked at this card closer, it definitely appears to be the same player (Shoeless Joe) who's on the "Lord Catches His Man" card with identical facial features, expression, and the tell-tale white wrap on his right ankle only. Now that I just went through all 76 center panel photos in this set with a magnifying glass, these are the only 2 that I believe are Joe Jackson (with the other one already being proven). There are about a dozen or so Cleveland players total on the center panels and most of them can be dismissed because they either mention the specific player's name on the back, are pre-1911 photos in old uniforms from before Shoeless Joe got to Cleveland, or you get a good look at the player's face and can tell that it's clearly NOT Shoeless Joe, or you CAN'T see the player's face whatsoever to get any type of positive ID. You are correct my friend, it looks like you've found the second and last card in the set that can be identified as featuring a young Shoeless Joe Jackson!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G1_1256862-049.jpg (75.8 KB, 913 views)

Last edited by brett; 05-29-2010 at 08:19 AM.