View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Mike

Default Great timing, Ted!

I was about to post on T207 for a couple of reasons, both with news, and further questions.

First off, though, the quest is finally at an end - T207 is complete.

With help, generosity, and support from so many others (as I've said several times before) and collaboration with other board member(s) who are oh sooooo close as well, the set is finally complete. Lots of room for improvement, and the Lewis no emblem is still not included, but those of you that have one - congrats!

Donnelly just arrived from the REA lot - many, many thanks Ron.

Some credits:

Rob D - I haven't forgotten what I owe you for your generosity.
Robert A, Bill T, Bob, et. al - thanks for the continued encouragement.
Ron R - Thanks for the help on the final push and all the discussion in between.
Tim N and Bob M - thanks for the VCBC articles which helped show just how dark and torturous a path it is/was.

As for the process - my first card was Miller (Pitt) from a David Festberg auction somewhere around 1991. I only got the bug for the set in 2006 after finding this site and reading up on the challenge. Being a Pirates collector, seeing a Donlin on eBay, and reading tbob's comments about it being one of the hardest cards - in his opinion - lit the fuse. The rest is, well, history.

If there's anything I'd say looking back, it would be that there have been a lot more quality cards come out over the last 18 months than in the prior 3 years. Still, finding any card in EX or better in this set can be a real bear. Some are still harder (much) than others.

--
Mike

Last edited by frohme; 05-28-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: typo