View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T207....indeed a strange set....let' talk about it ?

[linked image][linked image]

I started my T207 set in the late 1980's and completed it by the mid-1990's. In the late 1990's I sold it to one of our best liked Net54 guys.
This set has always perplexed me, in that none of BB "biggies" of that era (except Johnson & Speaker) were featured in it. But, there was a
lot of new name players that were not in the T206 or T205 sets. Guys like Lowdermilk and "Red" Hoff. For reasons like these, I have always
thought that this set was not printed by American Litho. In fact there is another 1912 set that closely resembles (front & back) the T207 set,
and that is the Imperial Tobacco (C46) set issued in Canada. I'd say that these two sets were produced by the same (unknown) printing firm.

My favorite card in this set is Chester "Red" Hoff. A southpaw pitcher, Chet started with the Highlanders in 1911....and the very first batter he
faced was Ty Cobb....Chet struck out Cobb on 3 pitches. When I sold my set, I kept Hoff, since he was still living at the grand old age of 107.

So, let's hear of your experiences collecting T207's....and, by all means show us some of your cards ?

[linked image]

TED Z