View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 04:08 PM
CoreyRS.hanus

Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I understand your point about the adverse impact upon your operation from the making of confirmatory calls before executing downgrades. That is a business decision whether the inconvenience/inefficiencies caused by such a practice is worth the potential reduction in bad publicity such as the thread we just had. I wasn't saying you did anything wrong, only that sometimes businesses find it in their interest to go above and beyond to try to avoid customer disappointment. There have been times in my business that, despite having a consent to take a particular action, when I learned that it would have an unexpected adverse impact, I sought a second consent before going forward. My business is different from yours though, so I hear you that this may not be practical for SGC. I'm sure you must find it frustrating to so often be on the receiving end of the "shoot the messenger" mentality, and in some cases to be lambasted for simply being better than the competition by detecting previously unnoticed defects.