View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
That weekend is confusing because there are two majorish shows running that weekend in MA. There will be one in Quincy that is being run by the main GBSCC club that normally runs the Wilmington show. Then, there is this show in Wilmington. I believe there is some sort of feud between the club members and dealers who normally buy tables at the November show, which is why there are two shows this weekend (and creating all of the confusion). From what I understand, a good number of the quality vintage dealers will be in Wilmington, while a smaller number of vintage dealers are siding with the club members who are hosting the show in Quincy. I plan on attending both (Quincy early and Wilmington by lunch time so I can meet fellow Net54ers). If you can only go to one, I would recommend the Wilmington show but I know at least one dealer who will have plenty of raw prewar stuff at Quincy. There will be many more of this type of dealer at Wilmington (including Jimmy who posted above).
In terms of the meetup, how about 1:00 at the snackbar at the Wilmington show? I will also be at the Quincy show that morning if anyone wants to meet there. I look forward to meeting up with old friends and making new ones! Rawn, we will definitely be on the lookout for Carrigan items!
Yours in collecting,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com