View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Joe P.

Default Paul, good to hear that your show, like other shows, are going in the right direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfusco View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to all the the Net 54 folks that came to the show. I hope you all found something for your collections. Although I must admit I am biased, I thought it was a great show. More pre-war than the first two years with very little in the room after 1970. A group of dealers that are second to none attended with thousands of cards from the good old days of collecting. Very high percentage of raw cards which I love. Again, thanks to all. Next years show is April 7-0th. Same place. See you there.

If the show promoters, and dealers haven't noticed it by now, vintage collectors throughout the country are crying out for what they don't get from eBay, and the auction houses.
The new collectors have heard about it from the older cardoholics, and they want to experience some of it.

First of all, regardless of the region, or whatever part of the country, the numero uno question always asked is ... "How many pre war dealers at the show?"
The collectors do not only want to see, feel and smell the cards, they also want to get to know the dealers, and talk to them about them, and who knows, maybe reach a smiling price on the card ... you don't get that from eBay, and the auction houses.

Secondly, autograph shows don't make a card, and memorabilia show ... It's the other way around ... the collectors created their heros.

You're hearing this from a collector, and all I'm doing is creating more compitition for myself ... but I don't give a rats fanny.

Whatever promoter picks up on this, and knows how to cut it, will not only
come out ahead, but so will his dealers, and collectors.

Let's try to recapture a piece of what once was.