View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Rich Klein

Default Its funny but as a Beckett person from 1991-2006

When it came to the National; Houston was not that bad. I think it was because it was so close to Dallas that I knew many dealers/collectors there and thus it was like a big local show to me.

To answer Alan's query; the parking for the AC National was pathetic; as several lots were unavailable. This was beyond anything the National Committee could have anticipated. In addition, flying into AC is a mess. You either had to switch planes or come into Philly or Newark and take a drive either way. The show was not condusive to long distance travel. Plus locals KNEW not to go to AC on the weekends because roads such as the Parkway get backed up and did I mention that it is as least 30 minutes "OFF" the GSP to get to the convention.

I have said this many times; but I think the National should emulate the Comic-Con in at least one way which is to select a location and just keep the National there each year. The location is Chicago and that is central to airports and roads; actually very accessible to local public transportation as well; and the facility is nice as well. Plus all the hotels within walking distance makes it easier as well.

(As an aside; I do think the Baltimore location is great and I hope this is a big success for all involved)