View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 08:47 PM

Phil,

Let me be honest with you. I spend, if not the least amount of money, then one of the least amounts of money on cards & memorabilia of anyone from this forum that goes to the National.

I treat the National weekend as a mini vacation. I save up my money for it. I usually drive and stay at one of the least expensive motels in the suburbs and usually spend about 2 days at the show. I also end up attending a rock concert one of the nights plus I hit the downtown restaurants & clubs in the particular city.

The show has so much material from vintage stuff to the shiny stuff and everything in between. Cards, memorabilia, autographs, equipment, etc,... absolutely everything. It is quite amazing to see.

Probably the most enjoyable part for me of the National experience is meeting other collectors, dealers, auction reps, etc,... It's too bad that Leon isn't having the Net54 dinner because that was honestly the best part of the entire weekend.

Attending the National is the most enjoyable & personal rewarding experiences I have in this hobby.

Alan