View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Gr.eg Per.ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-baseball View Post
I personally haven't tried breaking a card out of a slab and resubmitting it but I have one that I'm tempted to try with. One of the thing that I have done is send in larger groups of cards from the same set and typically I try to pick the cards so that there is not a huge swing in grades - for example I'd send in cards from the same set that I thought were a few VG ot VGEX, a bunch of EX cards and some EX+ or better. In this case, because the majority of cards are in nice shape the VG might go to VGEX and the VGEX might bump to EX. I had just the opposite happen recently where I sent in 30 lower grade cards from the same set, knowing there were a couple Fair, some Good, some VG and some VGEX. I look at some of these and wonder if I had sent them in with all the nicer cards if they would have graded higher. Has anybody else noticed this?
I've submitted cards that earned an SGC 70 along with cards that earned SGC 20 and 10. I don't think submitting cards in like groups makes a difference, but that's just my experience.