View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Joe P.

Default T213 - Andy Cook ... is right on target .....

The show is not just an autograph show, it's getting more, and more pre-war.

Not only did they have more interesting vintage on their tables, but dealers like Larrie Dean, Don Otto (Ortolani), Ken Cohen, Roger Neufeldt, Scott Brockelman, Dan McKee, Hank Thomas, Ron Barrett, Cy and others, were a gas to talk to as I walked around checking out the tables.

For instance, as I approached Larrie Deans table, he stated, "It's only one and a half hours into the show, and I'm already having the best Friday start in years." ... I said, "Larrie, that's what I want to hear."

Roger Neufeldt walks up to me an says, "I was talking to Lew Lipset, and he wants me to say Hello" ... I said, "That's funny, I was talking to Mark Macrae, and he wants me to convey a Hello to you." ... we both smiled.
We later got to share some great by gone years collecting stories.

I've been wanting to meet Dan Mckee, and Scott Brockelman for quite some time ... It was worth the wait.
We actually had a pow wow about the old collecting ways, and days.
A good time was had by all that gathered around.
Love you guys, it was a pleasure meeting you.

The meetup with Hank Thomas, was as fantastic as usual ... All is well, and there will be peace in our time. ... Love you Hank.

You can't beat Ron Barrett's sense of humor ... you gotta luv it.

Folks, I love the hunt of the card like everyone else, but we have to admit, we can't beat the fun exchanges between collectors, and dealers at a vintage show.

Joe Pelaez