View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:27 AM
Mike H.

Default What would you choose?

Here is the scenario: You are moving to a world where there is no baseball memorabilia of any kind and there will never be any value associated with any of the pieces you take. In fact, they will all be barried with you. Which three pieces from your collection would you choose to enjoy the remainder of your days and why?

My first choice will be this oversized Cubs pennant. I chose this piece because it represents one of my two favorite hobby niches, it incorporates one of my favorite teams, and I enjoy looking at it closely.

My second choice is my new Spalding trophy. Figurals are my other favorite niche and this is my finest example. It has crossed bats (I love anything with crossed bats), is loaded with detail (very interesting to look over) and it is life like.

The third choice was by far the most difficult because no one piece jumped out at me. I finally settled on this mug because of it's warm rich visual appeal. I find myself walking over to this item over an over to take a closer look, so I figure it would probably be a great choice.

Last edited by mjkm90; 01-16-2010 at 01:02 PM.