Thread: FedEx is aweful
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Bruce C.

I never use FedEx...they only come by the house when most normal folks are working. If they don't just throw the items on the front steps, then I have to go to their center to pickup my items (which they always have trouble finding), and the center usually closes by 5 PM. FedEx is great for business use, just not home delivery.

I came home today to find 3 boxes from UPS on my front steps (wife did some on-line Christmas shopping). 2 problems with this - my daughter was home all day and would have answered the door, and second, we got 6 inches of snow overnight and everything was turning to slush. This is actually an improvement over my normal experience with them, which is we track the shipping to find out it was delivered 2 days earlier. They tend to put them behind our trash cans or shrubs.

USPS is the way to go. I use them all the time and only recently did I have a slight problem. I had 2 registered packages coming back from PSA, and I was home when they "tried" to deliver. I did not receive the little card they usually leave. Went to the post office on Saturday, which has "friendlier" hours than FedEx, and picked them up. My neighbor came by on Monday and gave me the little card that they had put in his mailbox. USPS has never just left something requiring a signature on my steps or behing a shrub. If it's something of value, USPS handles it right.