View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Even if you had to put some of your "own" material into the auction; showing that you can get the Lou Brock collection (right after the Bob Gibson collection) and the Bill Hoffer collection (that made their debut at the National auction) then there is certainly some forward momentum.

And since perception may be reality; I do think there is a chance that Mastro/Legendary HAD to do something to generate money in April and that the switch was not handled as well as it should have been. And, I don't know this for a fact, but I'd wager if you chatted with Doug Allen privately; he'd tell you the same point.

My only point is that this catalog was a whole lot better than their April catalog AND seemed to have more items of interest and once you get the "stuff" again, you get more "stuff". How many times on this board (and it's not just Mastro) that we moan about an auction house (example Ryan C. vs SCP) and then in the last SCP auction, man there were several threads about what people bid on and how happy they were to win the lots.

Regards
Rich
"Stuff" trumps everything. Always has in this hobby and always will. After all is said and done there is very little reason for these auction houses to change their ways if people still bid.