Thread: Customs Problem
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:38 AM
Peter Wilk

Default Shipping costs from Canada

I mail cards from Canada to USA regularly. I charge a max of $2.50 for an unlimited amount of cards. You can mail up to around 20 cards in card savers and up to 12 in top loaders taped between two sheets of cardboard and in a bubble mailer to the USA for $2-$3. The package needs to stay fairly thin to fit in the letter mail category, therefore you can stack about 5 cards in card savers taped between cardboard and be fine and 3 in top loaders. This is regular mail and there is no insurance. I always mark the package on the envelope printed matter which is true and does not require US customs clearance. I have sent and rec'd thousands of items between Canada and USA by regular mail including hundreds of cards valued at $400 to $2000 by regular mail with zero problems. It is quicker than any item that has to enter customs and extremely reliable. If you absolutely have to have insurance, it can be quite expensive. If anyone ships the cards in a box etc. (like a box used to hold a set of cards), the price will jump into the $7 to $12 category depending on the size of the box used. This will include $100 insurance and I think additonal insurance is around $1-$2 per $100 of value added.