View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default understood but.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I have a different view (and realize I'm in the minority...)

I would just leave the negative for the sheer inconvenience and aggravation. This was something that should have been disclosed, and is (at best) an extremely neglegent oversight or (at worst) a blatant effort to mislead the buyer of the true condition.

The fact that multiple follow-up emails are now required, as well as a need to repackage the card and re-send it (while hoping for a refund) are a complete and needless waste of valuable time.

As someone who takes extra time and effort to describe items properly, I have a lot of disdain for this type of selling. The ebay feedback system has become a joke anyway, so duped buyers might as well provide honest disclosure. I certainly would not want to buy from him, and would appreciate seeing a negative in his record (which would help me to keep away...) Isn't that the point of the feedback, as Ebay originally intended it?
I understand this sentiment exactly and feel this way many times too, but I also have to live with myself. I think each person is different in the way they internalize this sort of situation. When I do something such as give a negative it greatly affects my attitude for a few days, or at the very least I think about it a lot. If I can say to myself that I gave every opportunity AND then 1 More, to make it right, I don't feel so bad. Not to get into general sentiments about running this board but that is the way I see it too. All of those things being said I have been known to jump to a conclusion and have to change my sentiment, with some embarrassment or extra "humbleness", so don't profess to be perfect or that my way fo thinking is THE right way...it is but "another" way......regards