View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
for a collector who is on a budget having (9) cards of each year
I am pretty sure they're talking about a couple of guys who collect NINE SETS of one particular year. I know someone who is working on nine 1965 Topps sets, and someone else who is working on nine 1978 sets.

But nine cards of each year would be a great idea. I actually thought about doing that. You could look through several years in one binder. You could go a hundred different ways - starting lineup for your favorite team... top nine home run leaders or strikeout leaders or etc... nine favorite poses from a set... nine players from your home state or home town... nine with your name... nine autographs...

Back on topic, I have a few things I collect/hoard. I have a "Shirley binder" that has one sheet for each card of players with the last name Shirley. Bart (1966-69), Bob (1978-87) and Al (1992-93). That leaves nine spaces for EACH issue. But the biggest hoarding I do is... I have an 800-count box full of 1982 K-Mart. The set is 44 cards, and I have 10 sets completed so far, and most of 13 sets. These cards aren't valuable, they're just the first baseball cards I ever got. I used to read the backs of them over and over and over, at recess in 2nd grade... so I thought it would be fun to get loads of them. It is!