View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Marc

Default Possible newly discovered T205 variation

I believe that I may have discovered a T205 variation that I have not previously seen discussed. On the back of some Doc White cards, the first "Doc" is in quotation marks. On other cards, it is not.

To this point, I have been able to find this card with four backs...Piedmont, Hassan, Honest and Polar Bear. On both of the Polar Bear backs that I own, the Doc is clearly NOT in quotation marks. I don't feel that this is simply due to light ink registration or anything like that as the ink is very dark on the rest of the text and the "Doc" four lines from the bottom is clearly in quotation marks. On the Piedmont, Hassan, and Honest cards I have seen, the first "Doc" is clearly in quotation marks.

Even if it turns out that only Polar Bear backs feature this variation, I do still feel that it is a legitimate variation just as some of the other widely accepted print variations (Wilhelm "suffered", Hoblitzel, etc) appear with only one back as well. I will post scans of a Polar Bear and an Honest backed card. I apologize for the slightly blurry scan on the Polar Bear card. I have yet to figure out how to get a completely clear scan on an SGC holdered card. It should be clear enough however to distinctively see the difference in the cards. I would appreciate any other feedback/scans from others who own this card, especially any rarer backs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t205docwhite 001.jpg (72.0 KB, 1212 views)
File Type: jpg t205docwhite 002.jpg (68.1 KB, 1212 views)