View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis variations)

Matt

At the risk of be-laboring this subject, here are some real numbers for you to consider......

A recent survey of 20,000 randomly sampled T206's over a 4 year period yielded 4 Demmitt's and 4 O'Hara's (St Louis vari-
ations). Similar (but scaled down) surveys in the early '90s and in the 1980's produced very similar results.

For argument sake, let us assume this 20K survey is representative of what is out there on these two very rare variations.
Experts (not I) have guesstimated that approx. 1-2 Million T206's have survived over the past 99 years. If we extrapolate
the results of this survey with respect to the 1-2 Million figure, then we get 200-400 Demmitt cards and 200-400 O'Hara
cards. I think this certainly makes the case for a "single printing" of these two cards. Especially, when you compare these
numbers to the guesstimated population of say a Red Cobb....which is 5000.

If I cannot convince you that these two cards are 350-only subjects, then perhaps someone else here can. But again, the
greatest numbers of POLAR BEAR cards are found with the 61 subjects in the 350/460 series. Trust me, the St Louis cards
of Demmitt and O'Hara were never printed in this run.

TED Z