View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default short answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerscoin View Post
This guy is nothing but a criminal. He knows exactly what he is doing is criminal. The cards he sells are most likely just laser copies he made himself. I know most of you will say whomever buys his cards deserves to get ripped off. I understand that stance to a degree but many people are not as educated about these kinda cards as you guys. Even though he does claim his cards are reprints they are NOT authorized reprints but nothing more than copies he has made himself. I hate to see these criminals steal people's money no matter if the people buying these pieces of paper should do research it is flat out fraud. I beg anyone with influence with Sleezebay to stop this guys auctions and have him kicked off. He knows exactly what he is doing is is fraud but people just sit back and watch and say oh well that dumbass that buys that piece of paper gets what he deserves. It makes the hobby look bad and does nothing but harm the credibility of the hobby. Wonder for a second if it might be a persons girlfriend or wife thinking they are getting a good deal for their boyfriend or husband only to find out they were screwed big time. It is fraud and some innocent people could be caught up in this only to find out they were screwed. And my buddies wonder why ebay sucks these days. Too many people sit back and watch others get ripped off everyday and it is a shame. they should have known better right? No these people prey upon the uneducated.
If it happened in a local store they would be charged with fraud. Hope you guys get the gist of my point. Ebay sucks and I hope they go bellyup. I will never buy or sell on ebay and have not for 10 months. And Craigslist should be shut down as well. I caught a local guy that stole a pic off of a major dealers website of a rare gold coin the other day. He was selling the coin he did not even own for $19,000 in SanDiego and he lives in KY. It was shut down but just think if he was able to rip someone for $19,000. Craigs List would claim no responsibilty which totally blows my mind. I could go on and on about these fraudsters. Man this really pisses me off.
Well, ebay has deemed me some kind of expert so I think I have a tad bit more pull than someone that hasn't gotten the same designation. Not that it matters a whole lot but I guess when I report something they look with a more serious eye. I reported a guy a few weeks ago that had some good cards and some bad cards and so ebay takes all of his cards down. He does have about 2000+ perfect feedback so is obviously a decent seller othewise. We traded emails and he was very unhappy. So he comes up to me at the National and shows me 2 of his good cards that got graded and started screaming at me, (he was deaf but was definitely getting his point across literally jumping up and down in front of my table). He and a few friends were saying what an aweful person I was blah blah blah. I told him that the 2 cards he was showing me were in fact real, and had been slabbed by PSA correctly. It was some of the other cards he was selling, and obviously didn't know about, that were fake. And of course the fakes weren't slabbed. I even pointed him to our section on the board about spotting fakes. The guy (an older guy,maybe in his 50's...sort of like where I will be soon) wanted to go outside and fight....I told him to just leave my table and eventually he did. I get home and he sends me another email stating more of what he said at the National. He STILL has the fake M101-4 Wagner on ebay and it is still fake right now. That is a reason I don't get too involved anymore, most of the times. It's just not worth it. Ebay should hire enough people/experts to take care of stuff themselves......regards

here is a link to his auction ......at first he didn't try to have it slabbed so there was no mention of PSA actually getthing this right, although this guy is still hedging in his description....I am sure he's not a bad guy otherwise....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1916-Sporting-Ne...d=p3911.c0.m14

Last edited by Leon; 08-09-2009 at 11:04 AM.