View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Lance G.

I am a little late getting in on this one, but I can't believe no one has stated what I feel is the basic foundation of any purchase...Know What You Are Buying! With todays advanced zoom features on almost every computer, you can easily justify or dismantle a grade on any slab. I am not at all offended by Beckett's approach to "why" BCCG exists. It again is the eBay dirtbag dealers who exploit the system. Maybe Beckett could limit the service to modern cards only. Or maybe we can all take a good look at the product in the slab. I have never submitted a card to BVG, but I feel Mark A. and his team are very capeble of providing a top notch grading sevice. In my experience with BVG cards, none have crossed to a lower grade, infact, most have received small upgrades. Why haven't I used them? When PSA became a none option for me, SGC was the only route I could turn to and trust. BVG was relatively new and GAI was going to be back Monday???? SGC has never disappointed me, other than some of my grades, and always over achieves in customer satisfaction. Yes, the hobby has turned to plastic to holster our prized little cardboard heroes. Yes, people are buying a number rather than the actual piece inside. But you can all decide if a 5 is an EX or PR/FR in the blink of an eye. Don't let the glare of the plastic or an affixed number take that from you.

Good luck and happy hunting!