View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 01:31 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Main interest is Pre-War mostly between years 1909-1935 ish. I just really like the issues during these years and so many of the all time greats carears span this time-frame.

Occasionally I find myself buying a shiny card to two. I keep those now exclusively to RC's, usually signed RC's, of good young players in the game now (Especially Yankee prospects). However, I'm also really trying to cut down on these buys too. I also will occasionally buy a RC of an 60's 70's 80's or 90's player or old Mickey Mantle for cheap if I want one.

I don't really make any rules for myself. Definatley collecting what you like is the best way to go....
I am always trending towards more and more prewar exclusivity though with the occasional sidetrack purchase....

Nothing beats the old stuff
(I'm currently taking a needed break from collecting but feel the itch starting to creep back. It's been a bad year for the farms in the NorthEast so far. I haven't had time for much else but work lately.....Probably by September I'll be back in full swing.) Still no luck on the D381's

Last edited by yanksfan09; 07-12-2009 at 01:35 PM.