View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:19 AM
James Gallo

Default Trimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyman View Post
As the old saying goes.....you have to be careful what you wish for. The premise that AUTH cards will someday have alot more value then Poor, Fair or even Good grades will have an unfortunate consequence. You see, if nice trimmed cards ever start commanding premiums above what an SGC 30 might sell for. Then what do you think card doctors (both amateur and professional) will do??? That is correct, they would start trimming perfectly legit cards in the name of the almighty dollar.

That would be a depressing thought and hopefully, we will never see that day.

Lovely Day...
I don't know if Tbob was saying it would get those those great heights but having a NM card that has a slight trim sell for the price of a 2 to me is reasonable. I have think or a few cards where being trimmed was not frowned upon. There was a recent t210 Jackson and I believe a Magie and Plank that were all trimmed and sold for huge numbers. I have also seen lesser cards sell for good money that have been trimmed. If it's good enough on the very high end it would be good enough for someone on the low end two. Yes I understand there are plenty more T206 Cobbs in high grade then the above cards, but paying 15-20K or 1K is a big difference.

I doubt we will see card doctors get into this as it is a very unknown. I think alot of things need to be looked at for a card to bring really good money.

For instance I would love a decent Boston Store Jackson to show up with a minor trim. I could get a great looking card I need for my set without having to go against people with much deeper pockets, but that may not bid because of the trim.

The cobb pictured above is another nice example as is mine below.

http://www.thetoyheaven.com/images/i.../bbcbscobb.jpg

James G