View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 07:57 AM
TedBallgame

Default Opinions solicited

I find myself rapidly cloisng in on Medicare, which, if you haven't gotten there kinda rings a bit of an internal bell...like longevity and reality. My home is almost paid for, I'm retired, and the wife is not too far from joining the ranks of the retired as well. We have a very comfortable life, thanks to a nice annuity, and SS kicks in a nice check each month as well. Money is not a worrisome problem for us, we have ample discretionary funds to enjoy and are healthy.

To the point...I have enough tied up in PSA slabs to buy a new corvette. Having owned two in my past, I am seriously considering converting my collection into cash and doing exactly that, buying a new corvette in 2010, the 55th anniversary of the corvette. It would take some time to sell all that I have, but I'm sure when the dust settles, that I would be very close, if not over the cost of a nice car...the Z06 may be a stretch, but you can only enjoy so much horsepower before you start paying for serious tickets. Once got hit for a 96mph in a 65mph zone....an OUCH moment!! Had to be the Deep Purple music and the lady from Dallas TX riding with me.

I realize the majority of collectors here are prewar collectors, but am just seeking opinions. I have no one to leave my collection to, and if I precede my wife, she wouldn't have a clue what to do with what I have and would probably get hosed by some buyer/dealer.

I envision just cruising through the US and Canada at our leisure, tops off, nice music and just following the wind.

Comments appreciated, what would you do?

Thanks,
Al