View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

I think it is deplorable what is going on and I appreciate, and I am entertained by this uprising of concern about the hobby. I do wish that these auction houses would simply say "no", and especially now that the periodical that has let us down for many, many years, is now competing with the advertisers who have kept them afloat.

I believe one forum member said it best (on another thread) about why we should support either venture and I wish that auction house heads would come forward and explain what their silence (and their continued support) actually means. I also hope that the day Coach's finally does get nailed (if that ever happens), that the periodical and what I assume will be down to fifteen pages (show ads), will make a comment about what has happened and TS can finally write something of value. For once.

I have enjoyed reading this forum and actually found it via someone sending me that amazing Christopher Morales thread from the old site.

As a vintage Cubs collector, that Frank Chance and 'Shoeless' Joe Jackson ball makes me sick to my stomach and is the very reason why I don't have a passion for autographs anymore, and have turned to being a cardboard collector.

Larry