View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Default Crazy Ebay Deal - 25% UP TO $250 OFF ANY BIN PURCHASE

Posted By: Mark Anderson

I'm getting the 20% consistently at this point on eBay, although I searched other things off ebay and on things like a Wii Fit, for example, I only had 2 options appear, and at something like 2 or 3%. Also, 1 store was at double retail, and 1 at retail, however when I went to that website in another browser tab, they don't even HAVE the Wii Fit? It seems very odd.

I did not pull the trigger on anything yet, because I don't understand their terms of use:

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=tou&mkt=en-us

Any lawyers on here understand section 7? It sounds like there may or may not be a monthly fee or a per use service charge for using live.com? However, if there is, I cannot find the pricing anywhere on the site and certainly they can't legally force you to complete a transaction on Buy-It-Now BEFORE telling you? Chances are I'm misreading it and looking too deeply for a catch, but I'm still hesitant...

-------------------------------

7. If You Pay Microsoft.

7.1 Charges. This section 7 applies in all situations in which you directly pay us. If you pay a company other than us for the service, then the charges and billing terms are as stated by the other company. Even if you do not pay for the service, you may still incur charges incidental to using the service; for example, charges for Internet access, mobile text messaging, or other data transmission.

7.2 Payment. When you create a billing account, you enter your payment method. You must be authorized to use the payment method. You authorize us to charge you for the service using your payment method and for any paid feature of the service for which you choose to sign-up or use while this contract is in force. You will pay service charges in advance. We may charge you a different amount than what you approved. If it is a greater amount, we will tell you the amount and the date of the charge at least 10 days before we make the charge. Also, we may charge you up to the amount you have approved, and notify you in advance of the difference. We may bill you for more than one of your prior billing periods together. If we informed you that the service will be provided indefinitely or automatically renewed, we may automatically renew your service and charge you for any renewal term.

7.3 Updates to Your Billing Account. You must keep all information in your billing account current, including your billing address and the expiration date of your credit card. You can access your billing account at https://billing.microsoft.com, where you can make changes to your billing account. You may change your payment method at any time. If you tell us to stop using your payment method, we may cancel your service. Your notice to us will not affect charges we submit to your billing account before we reasonably could act on your request.

7.4 Trial Period Offers. You may have received a limited time of free service or some other trial period offer. Unless we notify you otherwise, if you are participating in any trial period offer, you must cancel the service by the end of the trial period to avoid incurring charges. If you do not cancel your service, and we have informed you that the service will automatically be converted into a paid subscription at the end of the trial period, then you authorize us to charge your payment method for the service.

7.5 Prices and Price Increases. The price for the service excludes all taxes and phone charges, unless stated otherwise. You are responsible for any taxes that you are obligated to pay or that we may collect from you. You are responsible for all other charges (for example, phone charges). Currency exchange settlements are based on your agreement with your payment method provider. We may change the price of the service from time to time, but we will tell you before we do.

* If there is a specific time length and price for your service offer, then that price will remain in force for that time. After the offer period ends, your use of the service will be charged at the new price.
* If your service is on a period basis (for example, monthly), with no specific time length, then we will tell you the date of any price change. That date will be not less than 30 days after we tell you of the price change.

If you do not agree to these changes, then you must cancel and stop using the service before the changes take place. If you cancel your service, then your service ends at the end of your current service time length or, if we bill your account on a period basis, at the end of the period in which you cancelled.