View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Default Legendary Auctions. Should I call the police on them about having possible stolen material

Posted By: leon

Aaron- you said

"I become a bit incredulous when Leon seems to view Rob and REA disfavorably (at least with regard to business practices) yet backs Mastro/Legendary so resolutely."

NO where in this thread have I said I view Rob and/or REA disfavorably. Actually, it's quite the opposite. I have continued to be a fan of the REA auctions and bid in them heavily. There is no better bidding process in the hobby, imo.....and it's similar (not exactly) type s/w in my auction. I have a different view on a few descriptions than what REA does but those are somewhat relative anyway. I think REA does a very good job for consignors. I have even spoken with Rob several times in the last month and I count him as a hobby friend. I do put REA in the "good group" of auction houses..... I hope this clears up your misunderstanding, or my poor communication, of that situation.

As for Legendary Auctions. I know the 3 main folks fairly well and count them among hobby friends too. Mark even gave me a ride back from the Mastro Dinner a few years ago and I got to speak with Dr.Beckett for an hour in the car...which was cerainly my privilege....As for how they handle their current business practices, since I run an auction too, I won't comment there....