View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Default Info Needed: 1974 Pro Draft (Topps)

Posted By: Mike T

The 50 card set is known as 1974 Parker Brothers Pro Draft.

If I'm reading your post correctly, it sounds as if someone may have replaced the Parker Brothers cards with other Topps cards (which is not uncommon for these games).

The Parker Brothers cards look just like the regular 1974 Topps issue cards on the front (with the exception of 6 cards that have different player poses), but the backs are where you can tell the difference. MOST of the cards have 1972 stats on them, and they also have two asterisks on the copyright line.

It can get confusing if someone shuffled in some regular '74 Topps cards with the Parker Brother cards ... because there are a few regular '74 Topps cards with the two asterisks also, plus some of the Parker Brother cards have 1973 stats on the backs. There's a complete breakdown list in most larger football Becketts that explains each individual card so you can identify them.

I've found all kinds of years mixed together in those games before as kids would add in their favorite teams / players, etc.

Good luck with the cards and feel free to e-mail me if you need any futher info/help on it.

Mike