View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Default Topps Action Emblems gum

Posted By: Dave Hornish

Jeff:

There are three different versions, depending upon what was inside. The Cloth Stickers pack (as shown above)came first, then possibly next was a pack that eliminated the word "Cloth" from the Wrapper (it contained stickers but not made of cloth. Finally there was a pack that mentions both Cloth and Glossy stickers were contained within (a variant of the previous pack as it mentioned both types on a "splash" panel on the lower part of the pack it may or may not have come second; depends if there was a transition period or Topps just burned off overstock at the end). I have listed them in the order of scarcity, easiest to hardest even if the order of issuance is off for the last two.

I have a scan of the second example I describe above, I'll try to post it later but it is shown in an Action Emblems thread that was on here a little while ago. I have seen (but lost my scan of) the "hybrid" type wrapper.

There is also a cardboard proof of these stickers that was not sold in packs.

All that plus the tallboy scratchoff make this one weird issue. I need a sample glossy sticker if anyone has an extra.